As I mentioned Sunday night in closing, Jeff Brawner's message was perfect as we head into Mission-Wynne next week. PLEASE consider again what he said and take note especially of the "lead in" questions he suggested using. They will prove to be very helpful as we meet and interact with people next week.
“How/When/Where to Share Your Faith”
A. Look for Where God is Moving
1. Be open to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
2. Be prayed up.
3. Be ready to do the odd and the inconvenient.
4. Be prepared to look at the individual.
5. Be prepared to talk to those who are not like yourself.
6. Observe where something is going on that only God can do.
(a). Only God can draw people to Himself.
(b). Only God can cause people to seek after Him.
(c). Only God can reveal spiritual truths.
(d). Only God can convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
B. Ask Leading Questions
1. How can I pray for you?
2. What can I pray for you?
3. Do you want to talk?
4. What is God doing in your life right now?
5. How is your relationship with God going?
6. What burden has God given you?
7. If you were to die tonight, are you certain you would spend an eternity in heaven?
C. Share from the Heart
People want to know/see how the Gospel/Jesus has changed your life!
Jeff Brawner is the current pastor of a church plant in Memphis, Tennessee. The name of the church is Island Community Church located in Mud Island.
Currently, Mud Island and downtown Memphis are home to 12,000 people. Downtown is the fastest growing area in Memphis. Currently, there are only two evangelical churches in those areas. Combined, the churches average around 100 people. Thus, in an area of 12,000 people, 100 attend church. Granted some in that 12,000 number attend evangelical churches in another area. But the number is staggering nonetheless. Memphis needs Jesus!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Posted by Bro. Matt at 9:58 AM