Friday, August 3, 2007

An Incredible Presentation of the Gospel

I dare say that there is no more important thing than getting the Gospel right. Knowing it rightly. Communicating it rightly. Urging people to respond to it rightly. It is what Christian people are about.
I am going to link you to a message I heard while running not long ago that I think communicates the Gospel in one of the best ways I have ever heard it communicated. It was delivered by pastor John Piper to a group of men in October of 2006 at a Men's Conference. The title of the message is: "Jesus Died to Bring You to God."
In it Pastor Piper gives explanations as to why Jesus came and His connection with the Old Testament and how the Old Testament works with the New Testament. He shares the elements of the Gospel that are vitally important. He exhorts his hearers to respond to the Gospel and put all hope in the Person of Jesus Christ. On and on I could go, but I will stop so that you can go and listen to it.
Listen so you will understand the Gospel better.
Listen so you will understand how the Bible fits together better.
Listen with a lost friend so that they can understand the Gospel better.
Listen with a lost friend so that they can know Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives.
Listen so that you will love and cherish and adore Jesus better.
The longer I am a pastor and a Christian and a dad and a husband I see the importance of not only knowing the Gospel, but knowing it rightly and allowing it to consume every part of my life.
You can download and listen to the the message here. Enjoy!

No comments: