Monday, September 15, 2008

Upcoming PM Sermon Series' on the Election and Jude

Last night I informed the congregation of the upcoming sermon series on Sunday nights. God willing, the series will begin on October 12th and go through November 2nd (the Sunday night before Election day - Tuesday, November 4th). The title of the series is: "The President, Issues, and Global Impact." The text prompting this title and the messages comes from 1 Timothy 2:1-7. I will be addressing what issues should drive how Christians vote on November 4th. In the same vein, I aim to relate these things and who our next leader will be with WBC making a Global Impact with the Gospel.
For any of you who might be reading this blog, please post a response and/or e-mail me regarding what issues you believe to be pertinent relating to the upcoming election and how followers of Christ should vote. I would love to hear from you as I prepare for this series.

Also, beginning on November 9th I plan to preach through the book of Jude. This will take us until the end of the year. I have challenged WBC to memorize this book, promising a free lunch to any of you who can quote me the book in its entirety sometime in December. I want to help you make sense of this book by seeing why the Holy Spirit inspired it and what we can learn from it for our own lives and church.
Please pray that God speak to us from His Word as we camp in these various areas throughout the rest of 2008 on Sunday evenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Matt
One key issue is how the canidates feel about abortion. God is the creator of all life.