Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts on the Southern Baptist Convention 2009 in Louisville, KY


Yesterday afternoon Katie and I returned from an incredible trip to Louisville, KY for the annual Southern Baptist Convention. As I have already told several who asked how it went, "I have never been more excited about the future of the convention and the direction we, as Southern Baptists, are headed." I mean that. I came back from the convention this year extremely proud to be a Southern Baptist. I guess what I mean by that is that I am very, very, very excited about being a Southern Baptist in these days.


The reasons are plenty. I have considered much how I can best articulate my thoughts about the convention. For now, I want to point you to several articles that express some of my exact thoughts. I will link you to four articles. All are very good summaries and, in my opinion, good and thoughtful analysis of what took place at the convention. As always, please remember that just because I point you to an article it does not mean I wholeheartedly agree with everything that is said or written. I point you to these for your information and because they seem to express some of my same thoughts and emotions.










Each of these articles offer some very helpful and insightful thoughts and reports on what happened at the convention. They also discuss the importance of what things look like for the future. I truly am grateful to be a Southern Baptist and look forward to the days ahead for the cause of the Gospel and glory of Christ and the joy of the peoples of the earth!

No comments: