Friday, October 9, 2009

Global Impact at WBC - October 14th-18th, 2009


Words could never, ever begin to describe how excited I am about our GIC next week. David Platt, Al Jackson, Jerry Rankin, and a gentleman from the persecuted church, missionaries, etc. It is going to be an outstanding week to say the least.


Though I am not promising, I do want to blog my thoughts next week before and after various events. I believe that God has ordained our time together with these people and has some fascinating plans to reveal to us as a church next week. I plan to be 'radically intentional' in how I approach next week, ready and expectant to hear from the Lord.


To whet our appetite for next week, I am providing some links I encourage you to explore and look through. I encourage you to visit these sites to feed your soul, your prayer life, your brain, and your compassion for the world that so desperately needs the Gospel.


Joshua Project - A incredible web-site designed to educate about the unreached peoples of hte world.


Global Prayer Digest - A great resource to help guide you in different ways each day in how to pray for an unreached people group.


Voices of the Martyrs - A web-site devoted to the persecuted church


The International Mission Board Web-Site - International Missions arm of the SBC and where Dr. Jerry Rankin currently serves as President




The Church At Brook Hills - Where David Platt serves as pastor


Lakeview Baptist Church - Where Al Jackson serves as pastor

No comments: