Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Prompting Gospel Conversations


J.D. Greear has a great post on how to better invite Gospel conversations and how to incorporate them into your everyday life.


Click here to read his entire post.


For example, at one place he writes this:


"When in a conversation, I use an acrostic I learned years ago to help guide the conversation. F- Family; I- interests; R- Religion; E - Evangelism. Yes, that can seem wooden, I know... but it can also help you move a conversation along. Sometimes in talking about religion I'll say, "Do you feel like you have a relationship with God?" I get the most interesting responses back to that question. And usually, it provides me a chance to tell them my story... how I grew up in church but came to know God personally later. As I talk about how I came to know Christ, I make sure to give the Gospel along the way. People don't like to be preached to, but they do like to be asked their opinions, and they do like to hear your story."


Very solid and practical advice.


No comments: