Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Parents Celebrate 40 Years of Marriage


Over at her blog, my mom writes a tribute to my dad (and to the Lord!) for 40 years of marriage. What an amazing work of the grace of God to me in giving me the parents He did.


Here is how she concludes (perhaps you can get a taste as to why my dad is my hero):



"I'm very excited to be celebrating 40 years with this amazing man. There are some particularly remarkable attributes of his that I'd like to share with you.
1) Steve is a committed follower of Christ and spends time daily in prayer and Bible reading. The children and I have reaped blessings untold as a result.
2) Steve has always given me security and stability because I knew he would do whatever it took to provide what the children and I needed. In the early days of starting his vet practice in Hartselle, I knew in my heart that he would take a second job sacking groceries if there wasn't enough business through the clinic.
3) Not for a single minute in these 40 years have I ever had to doubt his love for me, or his faithfulness to me and to our marriage. What a precious gift that has been and continues to be. I have no doubt that he has read the Book of Proverbs at least 100 times in his life, and I have personally benefited from his commitment to the principles in Proverb 5:15-18:
Drink water from your own cistern, and fresh water from your own well.
Should your springs be dispersed abroad, streams of water in the streets?
Let them be yours alone, and not for strangers with you.
Let your fountain be blessed and rejoice in the wife of your youth.
4) Steve Pearson is a model husband, father, and grandfather. I love him with all my heart. I am blessed beyond measure to be his wife, and I would be so happy to spend 40 MORE years with him. Happy Anniversary, hon."

No comments: