Friday, July 13, 2007

God Stuff

No, I didn't mispell "Good Stuff." The title is intentionally called "God Stuff." It implies good stuff with a God-centered perspective.

I try to run 3 miles or so several times a week in effort to keep off the "Baptist Belly." I like to eat, I am surrounded by good cooks, and I don't want to be a heavy preacher. So, I have to run in effort to keep it off. While I run, I usually listen to a sermon that I have downloaded to my MP3 player. Doing so keeps my attention off what I am doing (running!) and it helps challenge and encourage me in my daily walk with the Lord.
Over the past several days I have listened to some incredible messages/radio broadcasts. I am going to include links to them here so that you may also listen for your own growth in the Lord.

One message is on the importance of the church by Voddie Baucham. This was delivered at the Southern Baptist Convention during the Founders organization breakfast.
Listen carefully to what he says. I think he is right on in many ways.
Listen to it by clicking here and scrolling down until you see the phrase "listen to Voddie Baucham's excellent message." Click on that highlighted phrase and it will take you right to the message.

Another message is by pastor John Piper. It is one of the best sermons on the "divorce passages" I have ever heard. If you have ever wondered what those passages meant, this is a good place to start.
Read, listen, and/or watch the message by clicking here.

The third message I am including here is a radio broadcast from the Al Mohler program. This was a broadcast devoted to discussing how to best reach children with the Gospel. It offers some tremendous insight.
You can listen by clicking here.

Please note that simply because I encourage listening to these messages does not necessarily mean I wholeheartedly agree with EVERYTHING these individuals say. On a whole, I think they are very good resources for God's people and helpful for those longing to be true to the Word of God and honor our Lord in all we do and say.
Please enjoy this "God Stuff." I pray your soul is as enriched as mine was/is.

No comments: