Thursday, July 19, 2007

What It's All About!

This week is "Mission-Wynne" at Wynne Baptist Church. Our goal has been to love on this city and to spread the Gospel as efficiently and effectively as humanly possible. It has been a wonderful week. The following is an e-mail I received this morning. It is reference to our church-wide outreach dinner that was encouraged for last night (July 18th). The purpose was to intentionally invite a lost person/family over for dinner with the aim of starting a spiritual conversation with them. Of course, the goal is to see them ultimately respond to the Gospel and embrace Christ as their Lord. In the copied e-mail I am going to paste here, I have eliminated the names, for, I know the intent is not to be known but to share what God is doing. I share it with you simply because it blessed me to see creativity used to share the Gospel and how urgent some of our people are to make Christ known. Enjoy!




Dear Bro. Matt,

Just wanted to share briefly about how ______ and I shared the gospel tonight. We both realized that our husbands would not be available to have another couple in our home ... her husband, ______, is in (Texas), and my husband, _______, had to work (his) shift tonight. So we decided to have a "Neighbor Ladies Night Out" at ______ house. (She) made up an invitation and went to her neighbors Monday. She invited twelve. Three came for a delicious dinner of taco salad and pecan pie.

After our meal and a relaxed time of getting to know one another we made a gospel bracelet. My part was to share the meaning of each color in the bracelet and to share my testimony. No, it was not share perfectly and yes, I probably forgot a scripture or two, but the Holy Spirit was there and He blessed me with a calm spirit, and my confidence was 100 percent in Him and not me. What a blessing to share the good news with these ladies. I do not think that they are believers, and as far as I know they did not accept Jesus tonight, but God is working in their hearts. They came, because, I believe, that they know they have a need that they cannot meet. We did not hide the fact that we would be sharing the gospel in the invitation that was given to them.

Now we need to be faithful in praying for them. They need Jesus ... just as you and I do! Everyday of my life I realize that I need Him more and more.

(We) are going to do the same thing at my house with my neighbors in September. We had a blast! There is nothing better than serving our Great God.

I have no doubt that Mission Wynne will be a great success. Monday I was able to share with a young mother looking for a church home. I followed up with her on Tuesday and hopefully, she and her family will be in church Sunday.

Bless you, Pastor ... have a great day!

Jesus is LORD!!!






Now that, my friends, is "What It's All About!" May these ladies who heard the Gospel come to know Christ and may a passion for sharing Him spread across our church and town!
If you have seen God work and want to share it with me and anyone else who may be reading this blog, publish a comment and I will have it posted as soon as I get it. Let's be busy sharing what all God is doing!

No comments: