Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Dad Turns 60!


This Friday, November 23rd, my dad will turn 60 years old. Lord willing, I plan on being there with him to celebrate. Praise the Lord.

Most everyone who reads this blog will know that last Thursday dad had surgery to remove prostate cancer. The doctors will able to get all of it. As far as we all know, he is cancer free. He is recovering well from the surgery and I fully expect him to be "back at it" as soon as possible. Praise the Lord.

Other than Jesus Christ, my dad is my ultimate hero. The longer I am a dad, the more of a hero he becomes. He made sure that I grew up in an atmosphere where I could thrive spiritually and grow, by God's grace, into a man who knew and loved Jesus. That's what a dad is to do. Help their children know and love Jesus with all of their might.

Praise the Lord.

If you are a dad and happen to be reading this blog, let's commit to working overtime for the good of our children and our wives so that they have every opportunity possible to see us love Jesus passionately and, thus, to grow to know and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Praise the Lord for Steve Pearson. Happy Birthday!


No comments: