Monday, November 12, 2007

Joshua Project Web-site

During last weekend's Global Impact Conference I was struck in a way that I never have been struck before. What was so odd about it was it was by something I already knew. In fact, what really spoke to me last weekend was a truth and reality I had known for a long, long time. On Saturday night, during the International Banquet, Bro. Al was preaching about the plentiful harvest (from Matthew 9). He gave example after example of countries where God is moving in extravagant ways. The Gospel is running forth rapidly in specific places. He spoke of people longing to hear the Good News and coming from miles and miles away to hear a message they had never heard.
What struck me afresh was the fact that millions of people have NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL, nor the name JESUS. When they hear it, it is something that revolutionizes and changes and transforms their lives. The good news of the Gospel sets them free!
Yes, I knew that. Yes, it is true. But the Spirit laid the reality heavy on my heart. The Gospel changes lives. It really and truly changes lives. There is no other message like it. There is no other name under heaven by which men may be saved.
God used this renewed burden to increase in my soul a passion to go where God is moving. He is doing a new thing in countries who have never heard. People are waiting to hear the Gospel. People MUST hear the Gospel in order to be saved.
I want to challenge you to do everything possible to focus your efforts and thoughts and resources toward what God is doing and where God is working.
I have come across a wonderful web-site "The Joshua Project." You can go there directly by clicking here.
It offers a tremendous amount of information about unreached people groups and how much of the world is evangelized and how much of the world remains to be evangelized and what God is doing in particular places. If offers an "Unreached People of the Day" that you can pray for specifically. Visit the site and visit it often. Use it in your prayer time. Use it to ask God where He wants you to go and/or send resources so the Gospel can go forth there. Use it to gain knowledge on the task before us.

I look forward to discussing with some of you what you have learned from this web-site in the days ahead.

Because He Lives,
Matt

No comments: