Tuesday, September 14, 2010

An Overwhelmed (In a Thankful Sense!) Pastor...

To any WBC member who reads my blog:

My heart is filled to overflowing in what you all did for Katie and me Sunday night. You had my mom play the offertory on the piano. You had my dad ‘roast’ me with both embarrassing and kind words. You had the staff guys encourage me. You had the search committee share words of affirmation. You gave us a portrait of our family. You had Kelly Dallas fix his famous BBQ nachos (and me a whole rack of ribs to myself!). You had Lisa work her magic with videos. You had Bro. Al Jackson encourage and affirm me in the ministry. You all wrote card after card blessing us with kind words of affirmation. On top of all of this, you all took up around $20,000.00 to help us pay for our adoption from Ethiopia!!! Absolutely incredible. I had no words Sunday night, and I still have no words to express my heart-filled gratitude to each of you. All I know to say again and again and again is, “Thank you.” Matt Pearson is not worthy to be your pastor. To God be all the glory…and I mean all.

A couple of additional thoughts…

(1) Considering all that was said Sunday night, absolutely nothing would be possible or true were it not for the staff team I am blessed to work with each and every day. Because of their tireless work and their passionate love for each of you, the Gospel, and the nations, they allow me to be able prepare and preach and cast the vision. The staff of WBC are the real heroes that deserve all of the credit for anything good said about me last night.

(2) You were ‘radically intentional’ with your gift to Katie and me. Wow! This is, perhaps, what blows me away the most (along with the HUGE amount given!). You all could have given us anything. But you were led to give so that we could go and do what God has called us to do in bringing a child (or two!) from Ethiopia. That is what I call being ‘radically intentional’ about making disciples of all nations to the glory of Jesus Christ! Yes!

I am overwhelmed to be called the pastor of Wynne Baptist Church. Thank you for allowing my family to serve King Jesus with you!