Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Night @ WBC: The Legacy of the King James Version


Last night, instead of preaching a normal sermon from a biblical text, I gave more of a 'lecture' on the history of the King James Version of the Bible and a brief summary of the different Bible translation philosophies.


You can watch/listen to the message here later in the week. You can also download the outline I used for the message here (click on 'resources').


I used several resources to prepare for the lecture and mentioned others of interest. Below are the resources used and/or mentioned last night.


The primary source I used on the history of the KJV was Leland Ryken's The Legacy of the King James Bible: Celebrating 400 Years of the Most Influential English Translation


Al Mohler did a radio interview with Ryken regarding the book and the legacy of the KJV here.



Study Bible's I referenced last night:









The biography of William Tyndale, written by John Piper that I referenced:





Two very helpful works on Bible translation and interpretation:







No comments: