Monday, February 28, 2011

What's Going on With Rob Bell?


Last night I showed a video clip promoting Rob Bell's new book entitled Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who has Ever Lived.


I got the clip and the blurb from the book here (Justin Taylor's blog).


I have sense come across a couple of other insightful and (in my opinion) helpful responses to this perceived trajectory toward blatant universalism.


Joshua Harris weighs in with his thoughts here.


Denny Burk with his thoughts here.


Kevin DeYoung posts some thoughts on hell here.


Zach Nielson's very wise and provoking thoughts on the whole matter as it relates to our hearts are here.


I would love to know what some of you think. With Joshua Harris, I too hope I am dead wrong and come out looking stupid for some of the things I said last night. But until shown otherwise, I will do all I can to help protect the sheep from being devoured by wolves.

1 comment:

O Macer said...

My take is that we should all just wait and see what the book actually says. Right now it is all speculation and hearsay. Unfortunately, we like to blow things out of proportion for no reason. I think we need to wait, read the book for ourselves, then go from there. I have been a fan of Rob Bell in the past. I would agree with the statement that eternal life isn't just a future hope, but also a present reality. Let us read when the time comes instead of damning the man to heresy and hell before proof is actually given.