Monday, April 5, 2010

Two More Very Important and 'On Target' Articles on the GCR


I hope you don't need my prompting anymore and you are checking it yourself, but Dr. Jerry Rankin has posted yet another very insightful and helpful article for every SBC entity, church, and individual.


Read the entire article here. It is a first in a series of articles entitled "Paying to Fulfill the Great Commission."


The heart of the matter, in my opinion, from Rankin:


"Knowing we are to witness and do missions doesn’t result in it happening. It will not be driven by guilt and another program of mobilizing for witness. It is only the compelling power of the Holy Spirit within us that will compel us to reach a lost world."



A second article is by Jon Akin from the Baptist Twenty One blog.


His article, "Difficult Decisions: 'Best' Versus 'Good' in the GCR Debate" can be read here.


The heart of the matter, in my opinion, from Akin:


"My point is that if we are going to reach places we are currently not reaching then difficult decisions between 'good' ministries and the 'best' ministries will have to be made."


As with Dr. Rankin's article, these types of questions and evaluations and thinking is not needed just for whole entities, but for every individual as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!