Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Devotional Reading Recommendations




I was recently asked my opinion on a specific devotional book of which I had never heard anything about (the book nor the author). That prompted me to think about what books (devotional) I would recommend to anyone who asks. In what follows, I list several books that have been used of the Lord to help me grow in my love of Him and His Word.




2. Pierced by the Word: Thirty-One Meditations for Your Soul by John Piper

3. Taste and See: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life by John Piper

4. A Godward Life: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life by John Piper

5. For the Love of God: A Daily Companion For Discovering the Riches of God's Word by D.A. Carson.


6. Drawing Near: Daily Readings for a Deeper Faith by John MacArthur

7. Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon (A Devotional Classic!)


8. The Best of E.M. Bounds

9. Holiness Day by Day: Transformational Thoughts for Your Spiritual Journey by Jerry Bridges

10. Daily Readings from the Life of Christ by John MacArthur



No comments: