Friday, November 14, 2008

The Shack: Incredible Fiction, Horrific Theology


Several WBC'ers have asked me my opinion of William Young's The Shack. Most of the opinions I have shared have been based on another. However, I have purchased the book and begun reading the book. My assumptions and opinions remain the same at this point. The Shack is great fiction. It is a fun-fiction book to read. Likewise, it is a reminder of the 'relationship' we can have with God and that I believe He wants to have with us. However, the God represented in The Shack is simply not the God of the Bible. For anyone who is interested, I recommend three different places/sites to read and/or listen to reviews of this book. They can do alot better job than I can at reviewing and, from what I have read and heard regarding what they have to say, I think they are right on track.


Tim Challies' Review of The Shack (Or, click here if you cannot get the other site to appear).


Paul Grimmond's "We Need More Shack Time" from The Briefing magazine.


No comments: