Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How Can I Know My Spiritual Gift?


Juan Sanchez has a great and helpful article here.


He offers these five suggestions:


1. First, find out what the body needs.


2. Once you see and begin to see the nees of the body, PRAY!


3. Ask yourself, 'What Do I Enjoy Doing?'


4. Seek godly counsel.


5. Serve! Don't just sit there, do something!


When I preached through 1 Corinthians 12, 13, and 14 a few years ago at WBC, I developed the following questions based on that study. Intriguing to me how similar the questions are. I will post them tomorrow (God willing) when I get back to the office.
UPDATED:
Here are five observations/challenges I gleaned from the study in 1 Corinthians several years ago:
How Can I Determine My Spiritual Gift?
  • Ask God to reveal what your spiritual gift is.
  • Evaluate your church and determine, in your opinion, what areas are lacking.
  • Evaluate your own soul and ask, 'what is my passion as far as it relates to the glory of Jesus Christ and making Him known?'
  • Begin to serve immediately in various capacities to see if blessings come from it (blessing for you and for others).
  • Ask the Lord to interweave it all together for the good of the church, the joy of your soul, and the glory of His name.

No comments: