Friday, May 14, 2010

Preaching the Gospel to Yourself


Drew Goodmanson has a very helpful article on how Christians can and must preach the Gospel to their own souls.


Read his entire article here. See also his visual diagram here.


He suggests doing two primary things; one downward and one upward.


I. Down the Slope of Repentance (Objective: To see and confess that I am a bigger sinner than I thought.)

a. See and own your sin.

b. See the sin beneath the sin.

c. Expose the idols of your heart.


II. Up the Slope of Faith (Objective: To thank God that Jesus is a much bigger Savior than I thought.)

a. View repentance as a gift.
b. See Jesus as the only true Savior.

c. Embrace the Gospel as your motivation for living.


1 comment:

patty jean said...

I wish more Christians would write stuff like this and the lord would open there eyes as he is doing with yours. Enjoy reading your blog.