Monday, April 13, 2009

If You Are Married OR Want to Be Married...




Rebecca Grace from AFA recently interviewed Paul Tripp. Very insightful. Below is a sample quote from the interview to whet your appetite:


AFAJ: Since marriage is war, why is it worth it?


PT: I’m more and more persuaded as I study Scripture that my life is intended by God to be a community project. We were designed to live in community – first, community with God and second, community with other people. We were formed to be social beings, and all of the places where I need to grow and change – the development of my gifts, my understanding, my wisdom – doesn’t happen individually. It happens in community. In addition, one of God’s best tools for revealing and changing hearts is marriage. So it’s [through community, marriage and family] that I actually become more of what God has designed me to be. You could argue that, in God’s design, the fundamental social building block of human culture is marriage. Isn’t it interesting that the marriage relationship is the picture that God uses of His relationship to us?

No comments: