Friday, April 24, 2009

Practical Atheism

I am subscriber to World magazine, a news magazine written from a conservative and Christian perspective. I highly recommend it. If you order it today, by the way, they throw in a free ESV Study Bible! Click here for more details.

This week's edition (actually, it is a bi-weekly magazine) contains an article by Tony Woodlief entitled "Practical Atheism." You can link straight to the article here. World allows a few of their articles to be read on-line. I encourage anyone to read it. My favorite quote was found in the last three sentences:

"I don't know if practical atheism afflicts you, but I slip into it every day. Surveys tell us more people are forgoing the Christian label. What ought to concern us is how many--perhaps most of all ourselves--are willing to keep the label without fully living the life it requires."

Whoah.

Oh God, may you burden me and set be ablaze to not be just called a Christian...but actually be what a biblical Christian is to be!

No comments: